Software Engineering and C++
- C++ coding standards by Herb Sutter and Andrei Alexandrescu. Delivers a valuable set of tried-and-true rules, guidelines, and best practices condensed into 101 concise one- and two-page Items.
- Effective C++ by Scott Meyers. What you need to read after you have learned the fundamentals of the language.
- DesignPatternsBook by the Gang of Four. One of the first, and most well-received books on Software Design Patterns.
- Agile Software Development: Principles, Patterns and Practices by Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob). A unique collection of the latest software development methods.
Sensors, actuators and transducers
- Sensors for Mechatronics by Paul P.L. Regtien. Provides an overview of the sensors and sensor systems required and applied in mechatronics with an emphasis on understanding the physical principles and possible configurations of sensors rather than simply a discussion of particular types of sensors.
- Piezoelectric Materials and Applications by Jan Holterman and Pim Groen. Directed towards a basic understanding of the piezoelectric effect and its use for a wide variety of applications.
- Project management for dummies